5 Tips to Make Your Fall Porch Decorations Unique
There’s so much to love about fall: the autumnal colors, the cooler weather, the promise of holiday get-togethers, and of course, decorating for the season!
Most of us decorate the inside of our homes but don’t always do much more than hang a wreath on our front door for any outside decor.
If you have a front porch or even a small walkway up to your front door, you can benefit from these tips on how to expand your outdoor fall decor.
1. Choose A Porch Decorating Style
The best way to stay on point with your outdoor seasonal decor is to choose a style or theme. A style will help you decide on the right decor for your area, and help you determine what pieces will work with the look you’re going for. You’ll save time and money with this approach by working within your theme.
For example, if you want to keep your decorations simple for both Halloween and Thanksgiving then stick to pumpkins, hay, and other fall-related decor.
Another option is to find one item you love and then design the rest of your style around that item.
2. Experiment With Color On and Around Your Front Porch
Your front porch is one of the best places to play with color! The primary fall colors are red, orange, and brown, but that doesn’t mean you can’t work in some other colors.
Fall colors tend to be either very dark or very vibrant. Use these to your advantage and add pops of greens and whites into your fall decor.
3. Use Pumpkins Everywhere
Pumpkins are sturdy and they make for beautiful decor. Adding a few pumpkins to your front porch will give your porch a rustic or farmhouse feel, and add some easy fall decor to your porch.
Since pumpkins are so massive, you won’t have to worry about them blowing away or rolling around your porch.
You can even use pumpkins you plan to carve to create simple fall decor and then transition them into Halloween decor.
4. Create Multiple Layers On The Porch
When putting together your porch decor, you want to add layers.
Play around with different heights and sizes when you are choosing your decor to create different layers on your porch. This will give your porch dimension and more space to decorate within your space.
Using hay bales or even wooden crates are an easy way to add layers to your porch.
Remember if you have large stairs this is an easy way to create additional layers.
5. Door Decor On Your Front Porch
Your front door is the glue to your entire front porch. This will likely be the first thing your guests notice about your home and where their eyes will naturally be drawn. Finish off your completed look by choosing a lovely wreath for your front door.
If you want to go more minimalist, stick with a simple cotton wreath with some fall foliage, or use fall florals to make a wreath that will pop.
For a DIY wreath, check out budget-friendly finds at dollar stores where you can grab some florals and make your own wreath.
If you need a little bit of inspiration check out these 15 inspirational home porch decorating ideas that I love!!!!
- Fall Foliage Door Wreath And Frame by Thistlewood Farms
- White Pumpkins And Mums by Home Stories A To Z
- Corn Stalks And Burlap by Our Vintage Home
- Black And White Theme by Love Of Family And Home
- A Touch Of Metallic by Taryn Whiteaker
- Porch Signage by Lydi Out Loud
- Autumn Foliage And A Bounty Of Pumpkins by Kristy Wicks
- Mums And Gourds by Liz Marie Blog
- Pretty In Purple And Pink by The Lilypad Cottage
- Chalkboard Focal Point by Cottage In The Oaks
- Pumpkin Topiary by Sand And Sisal
- White, Green And Dash Of Orange by Little White House Blog
- Strategic Use Of Pumpkins by Pretty Pink Tulips
- Neutral And Muted Tones by Maison De Pax
- Fall Harvest Florals by Serendipity Refined
There are a lot of great things you can do with your front porch and any outdoor space, so don’t be afraid to experiment.
Use these tips to get inspired to choose a theme, play with colors, add layers and pumpkins and choose a beautiful wreath to anchor it all at your front door.